Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Beguiling by Alex Lucian

Hate: to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward.

Scarlet Jennings, the preacher’s daughter who lived across the street, was a royal, uptight pain in my ass. When she looked at me, she saw a college quarterback asshole with rocks for brains, but she didn’t have a single word for what was happening between us.

When we were forced to ride together every single day that summer, there was definitely some dislike going on. Extreme hostility was a given, considering that we were spending so much time together in close quarters.  
One night of bed-breaking, body-shattering, lose-your-voice-from-screaming passion had surprised us both, but it was only just the beginning…

Amazon US ~ Amazon CA ~ Amazon UK 
FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED



When I first read Tempting by Alex Lucian,
 I was blown away!!! 
I simply loved it! 
Fresh and sexy as hell! 
Enjoyed Adele's story and 
her friend Leo was something else. 
So when I heard the next book was going to be Leo's story I definitely had to read it.

Leo was such a great, funny and sweet guy. 
I adored his patience and view on Scarlet. Even though he's had his share of women he's very different with her. 
He respected her background as a preacher's daughter and her sexual inexperience. 
He certainly wasn't 
inexperienced 
but had some tongue skills.
Scarlet was a feisty and opinionated girl. 
Very dedicated to her schoolwork and her dream of becoming a veterinarian doctor. She's only had one sexual encounter 
and a bad one at that. 
A drunk and 5 minutes encounter 
that's given her a bad impression of sex. 
So she's missing out on a lot and 
not only great sex because of her studies. 
Her solution = a bucket list 
which Leo gladly would help out with. 
Their chemistry worked, sexy as all hell and their bantering funny. 

So why the 3 stars? 
Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't connect 
with the characters the way I wanted. 
Scarlet frustrated the hell out of me 
with her hot and cold attitude. 
Damn, she was really 
hitting a nerve at one point. 
I knew that the story would be different from its predecessor, so I was expecting that
 and I appreciate when an author goes a different route with the next book. 
I really put an effort in to get a great connection from the story but, no such luck. 
I have to say that the writing was sublime
 and this book is NOT putting me off for 
Alex Lucian's next book. 
I'm definitely going to read 
the continuation of 
Adele and Nathan's story. 
3 BadAssDirtyBucketListStars



Alex Lucian is an author living on the eastern coast of the United States who appreciates being anonymous, for personal and professional reasons. Tempting is Alex's first novel.

Tempting (The Tempting Series: Book 1)
Amazon ~ FREE on Kindle Unlimited
On Sale for $0.99 (Limited Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment