Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Review Post~Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen







The new series is set in Vermont. 
True North is populated by the tough, outdoorsy mountain men that populate the Green Mountain State. They raise cows and they grow apples. They chop a lot of wood, especially when they need to blow off steam. 
(Beards are optional but encouraged.)

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the orchard.

The last person Griffin Shipley expects to find stuck in a ditch on his Vermont country road is his ex-hookup. Five years ago they’d shared a couple of steamy nights together. But that was a lifetime ago.

At twenty-seven, Griff is now the accidental patriarch of his family farm. Even his enormous shoulders feel the strain of supporting his mother, three siblings and a dotty grandfather. He doesn’t have time for the sorority girl who’s shown up expecting to buy his harvest at half price.

Vermont was never in Audrey Kidder’s travel plans. Neither was Griff Shipley. But she needs a second chance with the restaurant conglomerate employing her. Okay—a fifth chance. And no self-righteous lumbersexual farmer will stand in her way.

They’re adversaries. They want entirely different things from life. Too bad their sexual chemistry is as hot as Audrey’s top secret enchilada sauce, and then some.



This was story was just what I needed to read in this sweet summer time. 
My first book from Sarina Bowen and judging by this book, not my last. 
I was so entertained by 
Audrey, Griff and his wonderful family. 

I liked everything about the grumpy 
yet very sexy farmer Griff. 
He encompassed everything a real farmer was and how dedicated 
he was to that life and his family. 
Audrey won me over as well with her absentee mother, but was one hell of a fighter when it came to 
what she wanted in life.
Their relationship was funny and sexy and I liked that they had history together. 
That made their attraction more believable and it resonated with me. 
The secondary characters were fabulous. 
I was intrigued by Jude, Zach and the entire Shipley family. 
They all made Bittersweet work 
and gave it heart and charms. 
Made me smile, big time.
I would have liked less food descriptions, at one point I almost yawned out loud because it was a part of every conversation. 
I love food but it was a tad too much.
 Other than that it was an amazing story with lovable characters. 
The writing was great and 
so was the pace of the story. 
I'm definitely going to read Jude's story. 

4.5 BadAssDirtyPrincessStars

No comments:

Post a Comment