Friday, October 28, 2016

Beard Science by Penny Reid

bstour2

Beard Science

by Penny Reid Winston Brothers #3 
Publication Date: October 11, 2016 
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Humor, Romance

  beardscience
Make a deal with the devil and you might get what you want, but will it be what you need? Jennifer Sylvester wants one thing, and that one thing is NOT to be Tennessee’s reigning Banana Cake Queen. Ever the perpetual good girl and obedient daughter, Jennifer is buckling under the weight of her social media celebrity, her mother’s ambitions, and her father’s puritanical mandates. Jennifer is officially desperate. And desperate times call for Cletus Winston. Cletus Winston is a puzzle wrapped in a mystery covered in conundrum sauce, and now he’s in a pickle. Despite being convinced of his own omniscience, extortion by the exalted Banana Cake Queen of Green Valley has taken him completely by surprise. So… what’s a maniacal mastermind to do? Likely, the last thing you expect. ‘Beard Science’ is the third book in the Winston Brothers series, is a full-length romantic comedy novel, and can be read as a standalone.
goodreads-badge-add-38px



Beard Science definitely made
 me smile from start to finish. 
Penny Reid knows how to write interesting, different and quirky characters. 
Cletus Winston and Jennifer Sylvester were no different. I've been looking forward to reading Cletus' story since he'd been revealing a little more of himself in the two previous books and that only 
fueled my expectations.

Cletus exceeded my expectations and only made me fall head over heels for him. 
He proved to be very sneaky and more clever than everyone in the small Tennessee town. He would always be prepared and 
have plans for everything. 
But everything he did was 
only for his own gain.
Jennifer Sylvester aka Banana Cake Queen was a fabulous character. 
A beautiful, intelligent and strong woman but her strength and voice 
had been silenced by her parents 
for all of her twenty two years. 
They'd been controlling everything 
about her life. 
From the the way she 
dressed to the people she 
surrounded herself with.

When she formed a plan to take control of her life she enrolled Cletus and he certainly had his ways of doing things. Their friendship and their change from friends to lovers was a  sweet, funny and sexy journey. 
They both changed but mostly Jennifer and it was done at a wonderful pace. 
I felt her gradually changing and embracing herself and her "voice". 
They were the perfect match and Cletus' love and patience was beautiful. 
He made her feel comfortable, 
never rushed and when she was 
finally ready she definitely took 
control and claimed Cletus. 
Reaffirming her love for her man. 
A beautiful way to end this book.

The entire Winston family was a delight and enjoyed every interaction between them all. Jennifer fitted right in with her quirkiness and her friendship with the other girls Ashley, Sienna, Claire and Shelly were fantastic also because she 
finally found her people.
These spectacular people along with Penny Reid's writing made me happy as hell. 
A perfect world to be a part of.

4 BadAssDirtySausagePieStars

About Penny Reid

 SEX! It all started with sex, between my parents. Personally I don’t like thinking about it, but whatever works for you is a-ok with me. No judgment. The sex happened in California and much of my life also occurred in that state until I moved from the land of nuts (almonds), wine, silicon… boobs, and heavy traffic to the southeast US. Like most writers I like to write, but let’s get back to sex. Eventually I married and gave birth to 2 small people-children (boy-6, girl-4 as of this writing). By day I’m a biomedical researcher with focus on rare diseases. By night I’m a knitter, sewer, lino block carver, fabric printer, soap maker, and general crafter. By the wee hours of the morning or when I’m intoxicated I love to listen to the voices in my head and let them tell me stories. I hope you enjoy their stories.
IndieSageBlogger

No comments:

Post a Comment