Wednesday, April 27, 2016

4Stars~Fool For Love (Believe #2) by Karen Ferry



What do you do when everything you thought you knew about yourself turns out to be a lie, forcing you to re-evaluate your life? 

Do you face them? 
Or do you run? 

My name is Suzy. I am the girl who has always believed in fairytales, unicorns, and that wishing upon a shooting star would make all my dreams come true. 
I have always had faith that I would find my very own Prince Charming. I have always been certain that we all have a soul mate...that we will find our true love someday, and that we must never give up. 

But not that long ago, I started to wonder... 

What if my Prince is in fact...a Princess? 

Why is it so hard to be seen for who I am? 
Love is love, isn’t it? 

I have started to lose faith in my once so adamant beliefs: where is my one? Where is the person who will be able to restore my faith in the fairy-tale and the happy-ever-afters? 

Is New York the right place for someone like me? Or will she squish me like a small, insignificant bug beneath her feet? 

Only time will tell. 

***While this is book #2 in The Believe Series, it can be read as a standalone novel. Due to the sexual nature and subjects addressed, it is not appropriate for readers under the age of 18.*** 






Fool For Love was such a beautiful story about love, growth and acceptance. 
This was my first book by Karen Ferry and I really enjoyed it. 
What really blew me away and made me notice how rare this book was, 
was its honesty and the topic Karen Ferry chose as her main focus.

Suzy was a fresh and almost real person to me. Her struggles with others acceptance of her sexuality was a very interesting topic and I was pulled in by her story immediately. How she chose to look at herself and others was awe inspiring. 
She was so strong in her openness of her sexuality and never shied away from who she was and her needs in that regard.
Garrett on the other hand was a very closed book but he had his reasons and they were revealed. He was a very sexual and secretive man but Suzy had her ways to open Garrett. And believe me she did. When he wanted something or someone, in this case Suzy, he made it known and showed it.
I really enjoyed their relationship and the age difference only worked in their favor. They both brought out new sides and needs in one another. It was exciting to follow their journey and how they slowly came to terms with the truth of what they both really wanted. They had their "baggage" to be dealt with but how they tried to make their relationship work was what made this story.

This was a beautiful story and one everyone can relate to in one way or another. Karen Ferry wrote an honest love story and the epilogue was just spot on and tied everything together perfectly.

4 BadAssDirtyWaifStars

Amazon US --> http://goo.gl/007ETy
Amazon UK --> https://goo.gl/F3Xl2R

No comments:

Post a Comment