Friday, March 25, 2016

4.5 Stars~The Fire Between High & Lo by Brittainy C. Cherry




Title: The Fire Between High & Lo
Series: Romance Elements #2
Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
Genre: Romance
 Release Date: March 25, 2016



Blurb

There once was a boy, and I loved him.

Logan Francis Silverstone and I were complete opposites. I danced, and he stood still. He was quiet, while I ran my mouth. He struggled to find a smile, and I refused to frown.

The night I saw the darkness that truly lived inside of him, I couldn't look away.

We were broken together, yet somehow whole. We were wrong together, but always right. We were the stars that burned across the night sky, searching for a wish, praying for better tomorrows.

Until the day I lost him. He threw us away with one hasty decision--a decision that changed us forever.

There once was a boy, and I loved him.

And for a few breaths, a few whispers, a few moments, I think he loved me, too.










Brittainy C. Cherry has done it again. 
I simply loved 
The Air He Breathes
 so of course I had to read 
The Fire Between High & Lo. 
It didn't disappoint. 
Just what I expected from Cherry. 
She pulled out the big guns and created a powerful and very emotional story with strong characters. 
I was captured already 
from reading the prologue. 
Cherry has a way of creating deeply 
flawed characters with so 
many redeeming qualities. 
I can't help being intrigued 
and 
investing
 in their story.

Alyssa and Logan were fantastic. 
With such horrible parents 
and abuse growing up,
 I was very surprised they
 didn't turn out just like them. 
Logan did but the changes he made were simply remarkable and heroic. 
His relationship with his brother 
Kellan and his mother 
showed so much love despite dark times.
 My heart was breaking 
from some of their scenes in together. 

Alyssa also had her struggles
 with an absent mother 
and a runaway father. Her mother not only being distracted by work 
also found time to bully her own daughter. 
I was so in awe of both 
Alyssa and Logan's strength.

Alyssa and Logan's connection formed from a friendship was so beautiful and emotional. 
I loved the slow burn romance leading up to their relationship as lovers. 
They were each other's anchor. 
I loved every single thing 
they had between them. 
Their phrases and body language showed how well intertwined they were 
with one another's needs. 
It was a roller coaster of emotions 
and mine were all over the place. 

This was definitely a captivating romance and at times emotional and little dark considering the themes of the story, but Cherry's writing is flawless and captures you immediately and doesn't let go until you've reached the final page.

4.5 BadAssDirtyPinkyStars

Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK




Also Available


AMAZON US / UK



Author Bio

Brittainy Cherry has been in love with words since the day she took her first breath. She graduated from Carroll University with a Bachelors Degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in Creative Writing. She loves to take part in writing screenplays, acting, and dancing--poorly of course. Coffee, chai tea, and wine are three things that she thinks every person should partake in! Brittainy lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with her family. When she's not running a million errands and crafting stories, she's probably playing with her adorable pets.




Author Links

TWITTER



Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment