Monday, March 7, 2016

5 STARS~Fighting Shadows by Aly Martinez




*This is a series of interconnected standalones.* 

I come from a family of fighters. I always thought I’d follow in their shadows, becoming unstoppable in the ring. That changed the day I saved the life of a woman I loved, but could never have. 

My brother hailed me as a hero, and my reward was a wheelchair. 

Paralyzed, my life became an inescapable nightmare. 

Until I met her. 

Ash Mabie had a heart-stopping smile and a laugh that numbed the rage and resentment brewing inside of me. She showed me that even the darkest night still had stars, and it didn’t matter one bit that you had to lie in the weeds to see them. 

I was a jaded asshole who fell for a girl with a knack for running away. I couldn’t even walk but I would have spent a lifetime chasing her. 

Now, I’m on the ropes during the toughest battles of my life. 
Fighting the shadows of our past. 
Fighting to reclaim my future. 
Fighting for her.




This series keeps getting better 
and I'm seriously in love 
with the Page brothers.
 I didn't expect Fighting Shadows 
to be as good as 
Fighting Silence ohhhh
but it was!!! 
I think the main reason why 
I love this series is because
 of these fabulous characters. 
Damn, I just love them all. 
The brothers and the women
 in their lives.
 The bond they share with each other
 is so strong and filled with love. 
They don't back down from anything and support one another no matter what.
I loved Flint and Ash together. 
They truly bring out the best in one another. She's so fun and quirky but also very bright; who's not going to take crap 
from Flint or anyone for that matter!
After the trauma Flint went through 
the only thing he needed 
was a breath of fresh air. 
And that's exactly what Ash was. 
She pulled him out of his funk and pushed him to be better. 
Their connection is 
undeniable and beautiful.
Once I started reading 
Fighting Shadows I couldn't stop. 
Aly Martinez captured me 
with her beautiful and strong writing. 
She's created some of my 
all time favorite brothers. 
Now I can't wait to read Quarry's story. 
Bring on the youngest Page brother.

5 BadAssDirtySexOnWheelsStars

No comments:

Post a Comment