Friday, March 4, 2016

5 Stars~Fighting Solitude by Aly Martinez





*This is a series of interconnected standalones.* 

I was born a fighter. Abandoned by my parents, I spent my life forging my own path—one guided by my fists and paved with pain. 

Untouchable in the ring, I destroyed everyone who faced me, but that’s where my victories ended. Outside the ropes, I repeatedly failed the few people who loved me. Including my best friend, Liv James—the one person I’d die to protect. 

Even though I didn’t deserve her, Liv never stopped believing in me. Never gave up. Never let go. After all, she understood what I’d lost, because she’d lost it too. 

Liv was everything to me, but she was never truly mine. 

That was going to change. 

I lost my first love, but I refused to lose my soulmate. 

Now, I’m on the ropes during the toughest battles of my life. 
Fighting to be the man she deserves. 
Fighting the solitude of our pasts. 
Fighting for her.




So this is the end to the 
On The Ropes series and 
I'm both equally happy and sad. 
Happy because this series 
was just AMAZING and it 
ended on such a high note. 
Sad because, well duh! 
I didn't want it to end. 
I simply just loved 
The Page brothers. 
Every single one of them!!!
Fighting Solitude was Quarry's story. 
The youngest Page brother. 
I've been eager to read his story 
since Fighting Silence and like the two previous books this didn't disappoint. 
Liv, the woman who's been part of Quarry's life since they were nine years old, 
was one tough, 
feisty and sweet as hell chick. 
I loved their long history 
they shared and what they've 
both been through. 
Together and separately. 
Their switch from friends to lovers 
was funny but also emotional 
since a terrible loss played 
a huge part in their relationship. 
Both their love was undeniable. 
They truly were each 
other's soul mates. 
They just had to go through
 a lot to get there.
What I really love about the series 
as a whole is the love they share. 
All of them.
 They're one big loving family where everyone supports everyone. 
It resonates throughout 
ALL three books and I love that. 
Every character has so much heart, 
depth and love. 
They are important to the story. 
This was one phenomenal series, 
down to the final punch! 
I'm definitely going to miss 
The Page brothers.

5 BadAssEverySingleDayStars

No comments:

Post a Comment