Wednesday, April 6, 2016

4.5 Stars~One With You by Sylvia Day



FROM #1 INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLING 
AUTHOR SYLVIA DAY 
The final chapter in the global blockbuster Crossfire quintet

Gideon Cross. Falling in love with him was the easiest thing I’ve ever done. It happened instantly. Completely. Irrevocably.

Marrying him was a dream come true. Staying married to him is the fight of my life. Love transforms. Ours is both a refuge from the storm and the most violent of tempests. Two damaged souls entwined as one.

We have bared our deepest, ugliest secrets to one another. Gideon is the mirror that reflects all my flaws … and all the beauty I couldn’t see. He has given me everything. Now, I must prove I can be the rock, the shelter for him that he is for me. Together, we could stand against those who work so viciously to come between us.

But our greatest battle may lie within the very vows that give us strength. Committing to love was only the beginning. Fighting for it will either set us free ... or break us apart.

Heartbreakingly and seductively poignant, One with You is the breathlessly awaited finale to the Crossfire saga, the searing love story that has captivated millions of readers worldwide.




So after five books I can finally say goodbye to Gideon & Eva, The Crossfire series. 
I do that with a smile on my face cause I'm very satisfied 
with their send off and couldn't have imagined it ended any better.
What I seriously loved about One With You was of course Gideon and Eva. 
These two amazing characters, after five books, almost felt real to me. 
They showed so much growth. 
As individuals but most definitely also as husband and wife. 
Gideon was stronger than ever especially when he was needed by Eva
 but also when it was demanded of him. 
His love and protectiveness towards Eva was beyond captivating and heartwarming.
 Just as Eva's was. She showed guts and took charge. 
Proving to everyone who the real Mrs. Cross was. 
What has always intrigued me and what I loved was their connection to each other. 
Their desire, lust and need to be with one another. 
It was so powerful and intense to read and also the reason 
why I, with every single book, have read it in one sitting. 
The sex was amazing and felt right in every scene. 
It was so important for Gideon and Eva and it was their way of validating each other's love. 
The struggles they've been facing were interesting as well. 
Especially the abuse as weird as it sounds. 
How two survivors of abuse can find love in one another despite their struggles
 and overcome it was riveting to read. 
I in particular was very moved by Gideon's confrontation with his mother. 
So powerful and so well written. 
Their relationships with friends and family were important too. 
I was so happy that Gideon finally felt he had a family.
Something happened to a certain character, that I felt was unnecessary. 
I couldn't see the point. At all! 
Except to create some drama which wasn't needed because everything up until then,
 had been perfect and worked. 
The epilogue didn't feel like an epilogue. 
It could easily have been another chapter. 
Maybe it's  just me but I would love to have known 
what their lives would have looked like 5 years into the future through Sylvia Day's eyes. 
I know what my version would look like and maybe that's exactly what Sylvia Day went for. 
So I'm okay with that. 
But despite that tiny little thing I'm very pleased with Eva and Gideon's send off. 
The writing was flawless like always. 
I enjoyed Eva and Gideon's journey tremendously and fell in love with both of them. 
They will definitely have a special place in my heart.

4.5 BadAssAlways&ForeverStars



Paperback ➜ http://amzn.to/1MP1art


No comments:

Post a Comment