Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Coast by Jay McLean


One life-changing summer.
One boy.
The boy.
The boy who offered me safe touches and heart-stopping smiles - smiles he shared with his son.
We filled our days with porch-step kisses,
filled our ears with laughter,
filled our hearts with love.
Deep, soul-aching, desperate love.
But love is misleading.
It's an invisible, fleeting moment.
Somewhere between false adoration and pure hatred comes an emotion, a vulnerable need, a single desire.
It lives within the ones who miss it, who crave it,
who know better than to expect it.
Love is relentless.
Even when that love turns to hate, turns to loathing,
turns to pain.
Love should heal you.
But it can also break you.
Believe me, I know...
Because I'm Becca Owens - a broken girl...
...And he's Josh Warden - the boy who broke me.



 I'm gutted but in the most exhausting
 and exhilarating way. 
Coast was phenomenaI!!!
I mentioned this my Kick, Push review and I'm going to say it again. 
Jay McLean can evoke every emotion known to mankind. 
She does it so effortlessly and with so much power that they hit right where it hurts the most. 
The heart. 
Her writing was sublime and the pace of the story was spot on.
Coast was a perfect character and emotional driven story. 
It centered a lot around Becca's recovery but it had to since no one overcomes that kind of abuse and neglect in a couple of months. 
It was powerful and felt very real how Becca tried to fight her fears. 
I felt I got so close and under Becca's skin that it became more personal.
 I was more invested and dedicated in her journey to recovery. 
I loved how Josh fought for Becca.
 To save her from her fears. 
He was the heart of the story. Along with his son Tommy of course. 
I loved their journey and how much they both fought in order to achieve their goals. Love, family and acceptance.
Coast was fantastic all around. 
I loved all the secondary characters. 
From Grams, Tommy to Josh and Becca's parents and friends. 
It was an insanely well crafted story with so much heart and a hell of lot of emotions. The epilogue concluded the story perfectly with a beautiful ending to all the characters.

5 BadAssDirtySkaterBoyStars

No comments:

Post a Comment