Friday, July 1, 2016

Say you'll stay by Corinne Michaels

Say You'll Stay (Return to Me, #1)



One word.
Stay.

It was all he had to do. Instead, he got on that bus and took my heart with him.

That was seventeen years ago.

I moved on. Marriage. Kids. White picket fence. Everything I ever wanted, but my husband betrayed me and I was left once again.

Alone, penniless, and with two boys, I had no choice but to return to Tennessee. He wasn’t supposed to be there. I should’ve been safe. However, fate has a way of stepping in.

This time around, the tables are turned. It’s my decision. Second chances do exist, but I don’t know if we can repair what’s already been broken .


 . .



Well this story took me by surprise.

 I didn't really have any expectations, the synopsis drew me in and that was all it took. I was pleasantly surprised by the characters and their personalities. 
The first couple of chapters captured me instantly with the seriousness of a topic most people know and will have an opinion of. 

I was with Presley all the way. 
Felt and experienced what 
she was going through. 
It was heartbreaking. 
How she handled it was to be expected given the circumstances and she tried to be strong for her two boys. 
I loved the characters in this story. 
Especially her high school sweetheart Zachary, his brothers but also her brother Cooper, her good friends Angie and Grace. There was so much love and personality in each and every one of them. 
It was beautiful to experience Presley's road back to life and love all thanks to the people she surrounded herself with.

Zachary made me swoon big time. I was enamored the first time Presley met Him again 17 years later. 
I could easily feel their attraction and the history they shared was 
sweet and memorable. 
I was rooting for them! 
Zachary's brothers were amazing as well. I really enjoyed Wyatt's close friendship with Presley and Trent's brooding character and his somewhat relationship with Grace. 
This was a fantastic second chance romance and I enjoyed it from start to finish. 
Corinne Michaels writing was flawless
 and captivating as ever. 
I'm so excited to read the other two Hennington brothers' stories. 
They have definitely peaked my interest.

5 BadAssDirtyCowboyStars

No comments:

Post a Comment