Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Review of Suddenly Forbidden by Ella Fields



I thought he'd always be mine,
even when I was forced to say goodbye. 

We were never meant to let go, 
but it happened anyway. 
Too bad I didn’t know someone was waiting to take my place, or I would've held on a lot tighter.

Two years later, we were exactly where we'd always planned to be. 
I'd kept my promise.
He'd forgotten all about his. 
Not only had he moved on, but the person he'd moved on with was my best friend, leaving me to begin college with a broken heart.

I guess this is the part where I’m supposed to tell you some other guy stepped in, repaired my shattered pieces, and made me smile again. 

This isn't that kind of story. 

My heart might have been broken, but it refused to fall out of love.



After reading her previous three books Ella Fields still manages to render me speechless and emotional to the core with her flawless and captivating prose and her well developed characters. I devoured Suddenly Forbidden like there was no tomorrow

I established a connection with Daisy June and Quinton very early on. Ella Fields lays a strong foundation for Daisy and Quinn in the first couple of chapters and I was immediately invested in them and their story. The switch between past and present was executed to perfection which showed why their love was forever and them inseparable. 
The angst and emotion throughout the story was excruciating at times. Fields succeeds in 
capturing the hurt, powerlessness and love in the characters and their actions. My heart felt liked it was being squeezed cause it hurt so badly. Yes, there’s angst but there’s definitely also romance and love. A true and forever love.

Daisy and Quinn are two fabulous characters who’ve know each other since they were seven/eight years old. Their friendship turns into a love that’s forever. Irrevocably unique and theirs. They make promises but of course promises are meant to be broken and that’s what happens.
Daisy and Quinn’s road back to each other is incredible filled with so many memories between them. Good and bad. 
The secondary characters are terrific especially Pippa who’s a wonderful support for Daisy.

I went through every emotion as I tend to do when I read an Ella Fields book. Again I’m head over heels in love with her storytelling and her words. Suddenly Forbidden is about love, friendship and forgiveness. I felt it all and can only recommend this stunning second chance romance to everyone. 
5 BadAssDirtyMoonStarAndForeverStars



Add to TBR: http://bit.ly/2zyqIt5 




No comments:

Post a Comment